Recovery from Opioid
Dependence starts here.
When addicted to opiates, such as heroin and pain pills, many people change their actions and lose the aspects of their lives that matter most: family, relationships, jobs, houses. Some brains are wired in a way that greatly increases the chance of becoming opiate dependent. When that is combined with certain environmental stressors and a family history of drug addiction, the risk of becoming addicted increases. Medication Assisted Treatment, or “MAT”, is the use of medications in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies. MAT is effective in the treatment of opioid use disorders and can help people to sustain recovery. At Apex Health we help patients with buprenorphine medications such as Suboxone, Subutex, Zubsolv, Bunavail, Sublocade, etc. to overcome their opioid cravings and withdrawal symptoms so they can focus on taking steps to improve their life.
We understand what it’s like.
During your first office visit, your addiction specialist will work with you to build a treatment plan to fit your individual needs using medications such as Suboxone, Zubsolv, buprenorphine, Bunavail, or Sublocade. We will adjust your medication dosage to control your symptoms and determine your maintenance dose. Once your cravings and withdrawal symptoms are controlled, you can focus on counseling to deal with triggers and stressful situations. We will work with you to develop the best long-term plan to help you maintain your sobriety. Our providers also have a great track record when it comes to helping those who are ready to taper off of buprenorphine products
- Our office is ‘text-friendly’. Many of our patients are amazed at the ease of communication with their provider or our staff. Simply text our main office number, 318-935-6177!
- We also have a secure Patient Portal called “Updox”, for patients to send longer secure emails or messages to the office or their provider.
- Beginning in March 2020, Apex Health is offering Telemedicine visits!!! Details are available through our patient portal, apexhealth.myupdox.com
Pricing, Scheduling, and Appointment Forms
Board Certified physicians specializing in Addiction Medicine and Internal Medicine are available Monday – Thursday from 8:00AM – 5:00PM and Fridays from 8:00AM – 3:00PM.
8625 Line Ave, Suite E
Shreveport, LA 71106
- Please contact our office for current price structure or any referral offers.
- Due to the time reserved (60 minutes) for your initial appointment, we require a non-refundable deposit that is applied to the cost of your initial visit.
Mission & Values
Our goal is to provide a caring, compassionate, judgement-free environment for people to overcome their struggles with opioid dependence and addiction. Although we strive to help all patients eventually wean or taper off of their medication, we understand that some patients require an extended maintenance therapy plan to prevent relapses.